This is my take on Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia's June Challenge. I took my inspiration from and being with nature. June is 'Fairy Garden and Den building' month, a time to reconnect with nature and our creativity and imagination.
- 12" x 12" white card stock
- Pieces of scrap black and white card stock.
- Urban Artist stencil 'Hatched'
- White modeling paste with Dylusions 'Ground Coffee' ink
- Die cuts using in my 'Big Shot'- Tim Holtz 'Tattered Pinecone', 'Leaves' , 'Feathers'
- Selection of earthy and moss papers
- Distressed ink 'Vintage photo' & 'Bundled Sage'
- Watercolour paints
- Black gesso mixed with small amount of water in an empty Glossy accent glue bottle. (a great small nozzle)
- Plaid Dimensional magic
- Old book page
- Arrow chipboard.
- StazOn black ink
- White wire thread. 'Prima'
- Corrugated cardboard from a box
- Stamping up Multi-letter/number adjustable stamper.
- Black drawing ink
- Mixing white modeling paste with Dylusions 'Ground Coffee' ink I made a pale coffee coloured paste which I spread over the stencil onto my white paper.
- When it was dry I replaced the stencil over the paste and sprayed lightly with the 'Ground Coffee' Dylusion ink.
- Using my black gesso mix in the glossy accent bottle to swish some black stripes over the stenciling.
- While it dried I used my BigShot to cut out some leaves, feathers (which I used for gum leaves) and pine cones and the pin needles. I used the sponge pads with 'Vintage Photo' and 'Bundled Sage' to blend the colours together on the die cuts.
- Also used the same inks to edge the torn old book paper and corrugated cardboard.
- The arrows were painted with watercolour paint and then covered with Dimensional Magic and put aside to dry.
- I layered the cardboard, paper and photo before positioning it to the page then placed some of the pine needles and the pine cones into the top corner.
- The remaining leaves and pine needles were placed under the photo stack before I glued everything down.
- Onto a scrap white piece of card I stamped the words 'June is', 'Fairy Garden', 'and', 'Den Building' and 'Month'. I cut them out, used 'Bundled Sage' to colour the background. Before edging them with StazOn ink and backing them onto cardboard or black card.
- To finish off, I glued the arrows on, the words, and the white wire thread which I had dipped onto sprayed coffee ink on my craft mat.
Hope you enjoyed reading how I made my latest layout, I definitely enjoyed doing it. I hope you are inspired to both join us over at Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia at our amazing challenges and also take the opportunity to build a fairy garden or den in your backyard or out in nature.