Thursday 1 December 2016

All I want for Christmas is a 3 wheeler bike - Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia December Inspiration.

The years are flying; my beautiful grand-daughter was so little back when this photo was taken and now she is about to turn 6. All she wanted was a bike for Christmas she told me so as 'Nanny' had no choice but to ensured this happened. So I thought I would use this photo over at the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia December Challenge.

 

I created this page for you all to show you how you can use these memories to show case your Christmas photos and get them out of the digital world we are so caught up in and where we don't get to reminisce as often as we should.



Items I used included:

  • 12" x 12" white cardstock
  • Imaginarium Designs chipboard: 21 Stars in a board, Bike, Merry Christmas, Branches and leaves and Twigs.
  •  Lindy's Stamp Gang- Flat Pablio 'Greased Lightnin' Green', 'Risso's Rowdy Red'
  • Reindeer Die 'Dasher'- Inctricutz dies Couture Creations.
  • Indigo Blue Mega flakes 'Autumn Blaze'
  • Kaisercraft 'St Nicholas' collection paper stack and diecut pack.
  • Script stamp  Stampendous 'Vintage Note'
  • White with gold thread twine.
  • Cheese cloth
  •  Versa ink 'Cardinal', 'Black', 'Pinecone', 'Bisque'
  • Metallic melts 'gold nugget'
  • StazOn black ink.
  • Tree embellishment 


  1. I placed a selection of 'Stars' onto the cardstock and sprayed the LSG 'Greased Lightnin' Green' over them lightly producing a masking effect.
  2.  I also used this technique on another layout using 'Risso's Rowdy Red' and so I was able to utilise both sides of the stars for my Christmas layouts and cards this month.
  3. When dry I stamped my script stamp with StazOn onto the masked area.
  4. The Imaginarium Design chipboard was inked with Versa ink in the colours that were matched with the Metallic melts.
  5. One of the large green stars was covered with glue and I covered it with Mega flakes to give the page some Christmas shine.
  6. I cut a reindeer from the Kaisercraft Christmas paper using my 'Big shot'
  7. Attaching a piece of cut cardboard behind the photo I stacked the die-cuts, chipboard, Christmas tree embellishment and cheesecloth between the paper and photo.
  8. I finished the page with twine around the photo and using a journaling pen wrote around the edge of the page.


Some closeups for you to see some of the detail: 



Thanks for popping by and checking out my newest creation. Hope it has inspired you to join us at our latest challenge at Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia and to document and display those wonderful memories and milestones with your friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment