Friday 11 November 2016

'At last a picture of you'- Inspiration from Scrapbooking Top 50 November Challenge.

I'm always encouraging my eldest daughter to take more selfies so I can scrap her more and yes at last she has given me a photo of her stunning self. Thanks darling..Love you <3 



Items used included:

  • Vibrant watercolour paint palette. 

  • Water spray bottle small

  • 12" x 12" white card stock.

  • Imaginarium Design Chipboard: 'Peacock feathers', 'Picture of you' phrase, 'Denise's Art Deco Frame', 'Star bursts', 'Nats bubbles'

  • Stamp- Stampendous 'Cling Vintage Note'

  • Prima flowers

  • Paper doily

  • White wire 

  • Gesso and water in a squeeze bottle

  • Black StazOn ink

  • Dymo 'old manual' machine with black tape for journaling/title

Now to put all the items together-

  1.  I sprayed the paper lightly with water.

  2. Using a brush well loaded with water I placed some watercolour to different sections of the paper on the first 1/3 of the cardstock.

  3. I used plenty of water and 2 main blue/green colours and flicked yellow over the top of the wet paint. 

  4. When dry I flicked a little of all colours over the page.

  5. The chipboard had been coated with white spray gesso to seal it.  I used the watercolours to colour the star bursts, adding multiple layers until I was happy with the colours and effects. The frame, peacock feathers and the title were coated with Black StazOn ink.

  6. White gesso and water were added to a fine nosed squeezy bottle and then squeezing the mix out I drew long sweeping lines back and forth over the dried watercolour paint.

  7. The photo was placed on the stack of chipboard, paper doily, wire and flowers.

  8. Using the Dymo labeller I printed out the title and added it to the page to finish it off.

Closeups: 



 

Thanks for  dropping by and checking out my November Inspiration for Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia. 

Drop over to and check out more amazing creations from our design team members at www.scrapbookingtop50oz.blogspot.com.au 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment