Monday 5 September 2016

'The Block'- Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Super Challenge

Welcome to Week 1 of 'The Block' Super Challenge at Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia.

I was inspired by the colours on the mood board and wanted to do a minimal effect with at least 50% white space. Hope you like my take on the Week 1 Bedroom.

'Don't forget to smile' is about my youngest daughter's celebratory first photo without braces on her teeth.


Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Super Challenge- 'The Block'


Items I used included:
  •  Imaginarium Design Chipboard - Loolabelles hearts, 
  • 12" x 12" white card stock 
  • DecoArt Crackle Paint- white 
  • Semco Acrylic paints; Blue, red oxide, yellow oxide, sienna
  • Kaisercraft 6 1/2"x 6 1/2" paper pad collection 'Miss Empire' 
  • Black cotton 
  • Black gesso 
  • Matte Gel Medium -'Ranger' 
  • Black cardstock for photo backing
  • Hessian and corrugated cardboard
  • Flowers- 'Little Birdie'
  • Glossy Accents -'Ranger'
     


    1. Using a spatula I smeared the crackle paint over the centre of the page
    2. When dry I lightly sprayed the crackle with water
    3. Using some watered down Yellow oxide acrylic paint and a thick brush I added colour to the crackle area using more spray when I needed it to move and act more like a watercolour paint.
    4. I tore a single piece of Kaisercraft paper pad into a long strip and glued it over the painted crackle.
    5. Mixing black gesso and matte gel medium into a small nosed squeezy bottle with a little water, I used it to make random swishy lines across the long strip and left it to dry.
    6. I made a stack of hessian, cardboard and more Kaisercraft paper
    7. I painted the Imaginarium Design Chipboard heart pieces with blue and the centre heart red. I used Glossy accents to cover the pieces to give them a 3D glossy effect.
    8. Finally I added splats of watered down - yellow oxide and sienna and black gesso before adding my black cotton, photo and paper stack, the heart pieces and the flowers.
 Here are some closeups for you to checkout-




Can't wait to share next weeks Week 2 mood board and room. Catch you then and hope I've inspired you to explore some new techniques and ideas and join us at 'The Block' Super Challenge over the next 6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment