Sunday 1 May 2016

Scrapbooking Top 50 May Challenge- A moment in Time

Wow, May is here already, so It's my turn to share my inspiration layout for Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia May Tic Tac Toe Challenge. I love scrapping my children but I don't get a lot of chances to with Bel my eldest as photos are few and far between. Hint Hint Bel, so I get excited when I find a photo like this one. 
  There are so many variations you can do with this challenge.

I chose the centre horizontal line of Hot pink, Grey and Turquiose.

 

May Tic Tac Toe Challenge.




The items I used in creating my layout included:

  • White 12" x 12" paper
  • Black gesso
  • Water
  • Recycled 'Glossy Accents' bottle.
  • Dylusions Ink Spray- Bubblegum Pink, Vibrant Turquoise, Black Marble and White Linen.
  • 'Kaleidoscope' Kaisercraft 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" paper pad.
  • 'A moment in time' Imaginarium chipboard
  • Heidi Swapp 'Insta Kit' embellishments
  • Hessian painted with Dylusions Ink Sprays.( Black Marble and White Linen) 
  • An Arrow from Fundamentals Wood Veneers painted with Black Gesso
  • Black cardstock
  • Cardboard for under the photo to give layout height/depth. 


My Background -
  • Dylusion Inks: Place some of each colour into a palette.
  • Load a paint brush with water and then load with ink, place some ink onto the piece of plastic then turn over onto the paper where you want the colour. The more ink water solution on the plastic the larger the splotch you will have on the paper. Continue to do this with all colours. I mixed some white and black together for the grey, it dried darker than I wanted so I repeated the process with white and placed it over the grey areas to lighten the colour.
  • Black swirls were made by filling an empty Glossy Aceents with water and black gesso until it is a thick pourable consistency. Glossy Accent bottles have a fine nozzle and are easily squeezed perfect for making the swirls.



Closeups:










Thanks for coming over to look at how I did my background and layout for Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia.
Why not join us over at the challenge and create a piece of unique art of your own.

1 comment: