It's years since my beautiful daughter Bel graduated but I recently found this photo, I'd printed a few variations of it a while ago for a graduation page I did. My skills at scrapping has developed a lot since the first time so I thought I might do it justice more this time....so I hope you agree that I have.
I attended the Melbourne Paperific Expo a few months ago and purchased some Metallic watercolours and thought they would be give the perfect effect for my background, so I've taken this challenge head on.
Challenges I am entering this layout are:
|Scrap It With Attitude|
Items I used included:
- 12" x 12" watercolour paper from my stash
- Tim Holtz stencil 'Bubble'
- Monte Marte Modeling Paste
- Metallic watercolours: MicaColor 'Vintage' Sparkling Mica and Pigment Watercolour paint.
- Scrap papers and phrase die cut from my stash mostly from Kaisercraft
- Flowers from 'Little Birdie', Prima and Kaisercraft
- Brass Flower embellishments from stash and Kaszazz
- 2 Crafty Chipboard- Bubble reed panel
- Tinby Metallic Melts- Glistening snow, First line
- White Acrylic paint
- Funky Flair
- Black cotton and white cheesecloth
I used the MicaColor with alot of water, spraying the page before adding very watery paint, I pooled the paint at the top of the stencilled background and to make it dribble down the page I sprayed more water until I achieved the look I wanted. I ensured I allowed each color application to dry before adding the next layer/colour so I didn't have them mix and end up with a muddy puddle instead of beautiful seperate colours I achieved.
Thanks for calling by and checking out my latest challenge entries.