Wednesday 18 November 2015

Show us your stuff- November Challenge

I have had a photo waiting patiently to find the right page and right time to be scrapped, The 'Show us your stuff' November 'Travel' Challenge was that perfect theme and time. This photo was a perfect memory in time for me, spending time with my mum and dad in Switzerland on a holiday before we went to Basel to watch my daughter dance in The Basel Tattoo with OzScot Australia. It was a fantastic month long holiday where we were able to spend precious time together making priceless memories that will stay with me for ever.

Show us your stuff November Challenge Board.

Items I used included:
  • Patterned 'compass' paper (12"x12") and 'chevron' paper and 'travel die cut' (Now Boarding) (6"x6") from Kaisercraft
  • Mont Marte Impasto
  • Mont Marte white gesso
  • Wet Ones.
  • Ranger Dylusions 'White Linen' and ' London Blue' mixed together.
  • Distress Ink Tim Holtz; 'Iced Spruce' and ' Stormy sky' 
  • StazOn black ink.
  • Stamps: Stampendous 'Cling Vintage Contract' and Kaszazz 'Art Background'
  • Rub on 'Moment in Time" Kaisercraft
  • Flowers from my stash including Kaisercraft and Little Blue
  • Homemade embellishments: Heart embellishment Funky flair 'clock' flair, Green 'Heavenly heart with butterfly'
  • 2 Crafty 'memories' chipboard word
  • Prima white 'Wire Thread'
  • Map from my trip to Switzerland 
  • Cheese cloth
http://www.clker.com/cliparts/w/i/a/Y/y/N/scroll-hi.png

 To prepare my paper so that the mixed media layers didn't absorb into the paper and prevent the spray and dripping of the paint from bleeding I sealed my paper with Impasto. After it dried I used a large brush and brushed on gesso lightly, building layers until I was happy with the finish. To soften any sharp edges I used wet ones to wipe over the surface.

Mixing 'London blue' and 'White Linen' inks together in a small spray bottle, I had made the colour I needed then sprayed lightly in some areas and heavier in others to obtain sections that would dribble and others that didn't giving the page more depth and interest. After it dried I added stamping 'Vintage Contract' with StazOn ink and then began layering my elements and photo. Firstly I placed my cheese cloth on which I'd stretched and distressed the edges of , then my photo and finally placing flowers, die cut and heart around the photo until I was happy with their placement.

To complete the page I inked my 'Memories' chippy with Distress ink 'Stormy Sky', rubbed on my Moment in time, placed magic mount on the back of my clock flair and placed it in the centre of the rub-on. The word 'TRAVEL' was made from the leftover letters of the alphabet I had stamped from the 'Art Background' stamp for a previous layout I had made. After cutting them out I edged them with 'Iced Spruce' distress ink.

 Something was missing so after coming back the next day I added some chevron paper which I'd torn and inked the edge with some more 'Stormy sky' and some white wire circular to frame the photo. 


http://www.clker.com/cliparts/w/i/a/Y/y/N/scroll-hi.png


http://www.clker.com/cliparts/w/i/a/Y/y/N/scroll-hi.png


Thanks for coming over and checking out my latest layout and hope this has inspired you to join in with the Show us your stuff and some of the other amazing challenges that are happening in the Scrapbooking world.

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning layout Sandi, and fabulous share on how you created it. Thanks for joining us at SUYS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout Sandi! I love that you have included your step by step process! Thanks for playing along at SUYS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, I love the textures & design, including that map paper. Thanks for playing along with us over @ SUYS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your take on the challenge.. thank you for joining in at show us your stuff

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing page! Thanks for joining in at SUYS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous Sandi! I love how you have framed your photo and clustered the embellishments around it. FAB work! Thanks for playing along with us at Show Us Your Stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous. Love your use of white space and clustering! Thanks for taking the SUYS challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete