Friday 6 March 2015

Off The Rails Scrapbooking March Tutorial- Chocolate Box

Easter is coming up and of course everyone loves chocolate. If you are making your own chocolates which I love doing what better way to give them to your loved ones than in a box that has been personally decorated by you. This is what I've done and would like to share how I did it.


Firstly I found a small box from my recycling box and chose a textured paper from the Mix'd Media Stax 2 from Donna Salazar designs paper pad and cut it to cover the lid of the box. I also chose some pale blue lettering stickers from Creativ.


After gluing it onto the box I cut a small paper doily from the pack of 3 size doily from Creativ in half. Using Tim Holtz Distress Ink 'Vintage Photo' and 'Linen Antique', I blended each ink over the doily to give it an antique lace effect and glued it down onto the corner and it's sides.



 I chose several pieces of paper from the Kaisercraft 'Hello Today' 6"x 6" paper pad and tore them into strips and glued them vertically onto the top. The flower and butterfly washi tape I placed horizontally was from Kaszazz.


 The next set of resources I sourced was Mont Marte White Gesso and Modelling Paste, Jo Sonja's acrylic paint 'raw umber', 2 Crafty 'mini chicken wire' chipboard, Prima stencil 'stone wall' and a WOW chipboard 'Mini Messy Rectangle frame'.
 

Using my wonderful new spatulas given to me by my amazing friend "Thanks" I smeared some White Gesso over the top of the strips and washi tape to blend and soften them. Mixing the paint with the modelling paste I applied it over my new Prima stencil onto my box. While they was drying I painted the chicken wire chipboard and messy rectangle with the 'raw umber' paint.



The next group of items I collected to use included a butterfly from the Kaisercraft collectibles 'Curiosity', Franchville enamel dots 'yellow' and 'black', Green Tara Water Hyacinth twine, Prima and Kaisercraft flowers and some black cotton.


Some of the flowers I left white, and some were painted with Dylusions Spray Ink 'Lemon zest' mixed with 'White Linen' and 'Bubblegum Pink' with 'White Linen'.



After alot of experimenting with placement I decided that more chicken wire was needed and a few more flowers as well and this was my final placement and finished box.

 

I hope you have enjoyed reading my tutorial, been inspired and take some time to read other artists amazing tutorials and gorgeous layouts at Off The Rails Scrapbooking






No comments:

Post a Comment