As I do not have this colour in my paint stash I experiemented with modeling paste and paint and wasn't happy with the finished colours. I have wanted to try gelatos from Faber Castell for quite sometimes and was very excited to discover Big W was selling them in their catalogue. I brought several packs and discovered that 'Acqua Dolce' was a perfect match.
So this is what I created:
Items I used included:
- White 12" x 12" paper stock.
- Crafters Workshop stencil 6" x 6" 'Mini tile texture'
- Faber Castell Gelatos 'Acqua Dolce'
- 6" Glitz paper park 'Unchartered Waters'
- Washi tape 'Film strip'
- Francheville 'Rainbow enamel sticker-black' dots
- Kaisercraft 'Curiosity' Collection - 'Love'
- Chippie letters
- Gesso - White and Black
- Jewelery element from local shop in Beachport 'Coastal Elegance'
- 'Enjoy the little things' strip from a piece of Kaisercraft paper edge.
- Francheville circlular Stickers.
- Lace sticker tape from my old stash.
Firstly I used my new Mini tile texture stencil to place modeling paste in 3 sections on my white paperstock, when dry I rubbed the gelato stick over the areas and blended the colour with my finger. I then added my washi tape to the layout. I painted my chippies with white gesso and then used my gelato again to match the stenciling.
I hope you are inspired by my take on White with 1 Challenge for March 'White with Hemlock', I recommend that you head over the the blog and check out the amazing design teams inspiration and the artists entries.