Monday 1 September 2014

Die cut Sept Scrap it with attitude.


Scrap it with Attitude theme for September is Die Cuts. Switzerland is an amazing country, in every town we went to  we always saw beautiful clocks and always gold trimmed with the steeples in green cooper. I had a die cut of a clock face which I thought would be perfect to frame one of my favourite clock tower photos. I also used the die cut as a mask on the background to add another dimension and use for die cuts.



The background was achieved by covering a 12"x12" European patterned page from a Kaisercraft paper pad 'Timeless Classics' with white gesso, when dry I placed the die cut onto the page and then sprayed Dylusion Ink Spray 'London Blue' and ' Vibrant Turquoise', spraying each ink with water after each application then I removed the die cut and held the paper upright to allow the ink to run to the bottom of the page.



I first covered the die cut with white gesso before covering it with gold Jo Sonja acrylic paint and putting it aside to dry. I searched my stamp collection and found the perfect clock stamp which I'd purchased from Kaszazz and using Staz On black, stamped it over the page. I also stamped it onto a jade green shimmer paper from Kaszazz with gold ink and added embossing powder and after using my heat gun to emboss the image I punched it out using my large circle punch also from Kaszazz. 
Other elements I added included 3 different types of washi tape which had been purchased through Simon Says Stamps and Kaszazz, scraps from my paper stash and a 12"x12" 'Timeless Classics' paper pad from Kaisercraft which I edged with several different Tim Holtz distress ink including 'Vintage photo' and 'Iced Spuce', and lots of black cotton. Before adding my photo I splashed the paper with the Dylusion Inks I used for the background, watered down black Jo Sonja acrylic paint and white gesso.


Thanks for coming to check out my Scrap it with Attitude Die Cut piece and please go over to their page and check out all the other beautiful pieces of artwork. Hope you join us in the challenges and have as much fun as we do scrapping our memories for others to see.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous layout Sandi. It looks great the way you used the die cut as a mask. I love Switzerland too, especially St Moritz.

    ReplyDelete