Wednesday 9 July 2014

July 8th- Quick Birthday card

I was on a tight time schedule an had to make a card fast, with my craft room at the ready I spread out my stash of inks, sprays, paints, gesso, modeling paste and card stock. And with the help of a few Kaisercraft flowers and the pieces from their Curiosity Collection , a handmade flower and a few embellishments and cotton I made this card.


Using a Kaszazz stencil I added modeling paste then sprayed Dylusions inks Vibrant Turquiose and Cherry Pie mixed with White Linen to spray the card drying each layer with a heat gun. I sprayed Lemon  Zest onto my Crafters Workship stencils before edging it with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink.   Next I added 2 patterned washi tapes  and splats of black watercolor paint.
 I painted a kraft frame with gesso, stamped it with Worn Lipstick distress ink and then stamped it with a script stamp from Kasazz with StazOn ink edging it with Vintage Photo distress ink and black waterpaint.
All that was left to do was add my tag, arrange my flowers, embellishments and cotton before finishing it off with shimmer spray and pearls. I added the number 21 (sprayed chipboard numbers with Vibrant Turquiose and shimmer ink) to demonstrate that you can use the frame to highlight the birthday being celebrated.



 Hope you enjoyed seeing my card that I put together in approx 15mins, it's amazing what you can do when you need to. Thanks for joining me and Off the rails Scrapbooking, jump over the our blog and see the other wonderful inspirational work we have made to show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment