Sunday 29 June 2014

Paper Secrets June challenge: DANCE

There is one thing in the world that makes your heart dance, and anyone who has grandchildren will know its the LOVE that grows from the day they arrive. 

Over at Paper Secrets there is a great sketch that you also need to incorporate items, colors, brands etc  that begin with the letters of the word DANCE.





The elements that I used were:
D- Distress Inks. A- Arrows. N- Numbers & a Nanny (Of course).
C- Cotton. E- Embossing.



I explored my stash of papers and chose a pattern piece for my background and some scraps that I could tear into long strips. After glueing the strips on I covered the whole page with white gesso; wiping off some in a few areas to show some of the now antiqued background and then splattered white gesso over the page.


I spraying water and used my blue and red watercolors to layer color onto different areas until I had produced the effect I happy with. The next layer to be added was a variety of washi tapes, stamping with StazOn black ink with my Kaszazz Script stamp 'season lifetime', and with watered down black gesso and a range of different size circles such as cotton reels, paper towel roll and a camerbert cheese box, I placed stamped circles around the page.


I backed my main photo with card that I'd water colored and stamped to match the background and used Tim Holtz Distress Ink 'Iced spruce','Smokey blue' and 'Barn Door' to edge the backing and photos. I placed black Cotton and black and white Cotton twine down, and splattered watered down black gesso onto the page before adding my photos and a handmade heart that I inked red with Kaszazz pigment ink and Embossed with iridescent embossing powder. 


To finish the page off I stamped the date of when the photos were taken (Numbers), added the chipboard word 'Love' from Kaszazz after I'd inked it the same as the love heart and added some cork Arrows from Studio Calico.



Thanks for checking out my newest challenge layout for Paper Secrets and hope you'll drop by again to check out more of my work.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment