Friday 2 May 2014

Polka Dots and Stripes DT inspiration- Off the rails Scrapbooking.


I love to scrap and I love to camp,so why not do them together with a great friend, which what I did on the Easter weekend. Before leaving home I actually planned what layouts I was trying to complete and collected a few photos that I have been looking forward to use in my layouts. That's a first for me as I just take lots of stuff and usually go from there.
This photo is of my nephew a couple of years ago, he loves nature and at his brothers birthday party I found him exploring the garden.

This is my take on using polka dots and stripes in a layout.



 To start I chose a piece of latte striped 12x12 paper and covered it with watered down white gesso, I then placed torn strips of 2 different spotty paper in a striped effect on the wet gesso and finished off the effect with gesso over the top in a range of thicknesses. When dry I used modelling paste and my dot stencil to give texture the top right hand corner.

I wanted to stamp stripes onto my page but as I was camping when I did this layout and forgotten to pack a ruler I had to improvise. I tore the flap off of a carton of water we had finished and used it with StazOn ink. It resulted in brilliant stripes with a zigzag pattern between the lines. I added washi tape- birds on a line and a film strip and then layered different spot and striped scrap papers which I distressed  edges and edged with vintage photo distress ink.


To lift the stenciled spots I used a fine spot stamp with a memento ink pad, 'Tim Holtz' vintage photo and peeled paint distress inks and I hand drew stripes with my journal pen. The silver tree embellishment I brought in a jewelry pack from one of my local hand made jewelry shop  added another touch of nature to the layout .  To finish off my page I used a cardboard tube and the lid of a spray bottle to print  circles with StazOn ink




Thanks for stopping by and checking out my Design Team Inspiration Page for Off the Rails Scrapbooking. Hope to see you again soon.




2 comments:

  1. such a pretty layout! really like how you treated those molding paste circles !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this layout so much, the colours, the concepts involved and the stenciling. Beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete