Wednesday 12 February 2014

Off the Rails February DT Reveal "Loved One"



Off the Rails Scrapbooking: Loved One.

This page was inspired by my grandparents, and the strong family beliefs and values they had: family is all important and hard work is challenging but worth putting in for the wonderful rewards we get in life.



I placed Mont Marte Impasto on Kaszazz background paper with a spatula and then when it was partially dry I used a Kaszazz scroll stamp to stamp impressions into it to add texture. After letting it dry I placed the quote onto the paper and then used  slightly watered down Jo sonjas's yellow oxide paint to add colour to tie the quote and background together and then some Mont Marte modelling paste to soften and lift the impressions off the page and blend the quote into the layout.


 The quotes I chose shares my feeling about how important my grandparents were to our family and how we continue those beliefs and values through our lives and with our own families.





The papers I used behind the photo were chosen from my scrap collection and came from many different sources. The dark and light textured card reminded me of the connection my grandparents had to the earth as they were always in the vegie garden or down the beach fishing; the richness of the earth with the contrast of the sand.



I finished the layout with a range of flowers, cotton cord from Kaszazz, a framing stamp using Crafters ink and circles made with tubes using carbon black and ultramarine deep blue Jo Sonja's paint. The edge of the papers and the edges of the layout were blended with Tim Holtz  Ranger Distress Ink Vintage photo to complete the look.

Thanks for sharing my love of my grandparents through my Off the Rails Scrapbooking Blog design team contribution, I hope this has helped to inspire you.

1 comment: